Highly competitive Northeast Georgia State House campaign is accepting applications for a full-time Finance Assistant to start ASAP. The Finance Assistant will be a critical component to ensure the finance program hits aggressive goals for the 2017-2018 campaign cycle.
Finance Assistant Responsibilities Include:
- Donor research
- Prep for call time
- Recruit event hosts
- Plan/Manage Events
- Assist with recruiting and directing volunteers and interns
- Assisting with all aspects of fundraising and other campaign events
- Generate prospects and produce donor research that identifies new targets and integrates them into the call time rotation
Finance Assistant Qualifications:
- Strong commitment to electing Democrats to state government.
- Ability to think aggressively and creatively about fundraising and politics in general
- Previous campaign experience preferred
- Applicants must be highly organized and have the ability to multitask in a fast paced campaign environment
- Ability to work long hours including nights and weekends on a regular basis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience directing volunteers/interns
- A sense of humor
- Be able to write clearly and concisely
- Be able to balance and prioritize multiple projects
- Be personable and enjoy working with others
- Be comfortable communicating on the telephone
- Must have a strong work ethic, good people skills, and willingness to work in a team centric environment
- Willingness to be flexible
Competitive pay commensurate with experience. Resumes will be reviewed as they are received.
Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Public Relations Coordinator
Deborah Gonzalez for GA House 117 Campaign
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age or disability.
We are currently looking for candidates in and around Atlanta to work on our campaign to defend environmental protections pertaining to Georgia from rollbacks under the current Trump administration!
Over the past 4 months, President Trump has been working to roll back dozens of environmental protections that are meant to keep Georgia’s air, water, and public lands safe. He has pulled the U.S. out of the Paris Climate Agreement and proposed to cut the EPA budget by one third. Now, more than 2 million miles of water ways in Georgia and nationwide are at risk of being polluted because of the reduction of funding for clean water enforcement.
This is why we are hiring campaign workers in Atlanta to raise money and get thousands of people to take action. Interested candidates would be going out into neighborhoods in and around Atlanta to talk about the issue, sign up new members, raise money, and get petition signatures.
You’ll gain real-world experience and learn valuable skills. Making change happen isn’t easy, but history has shown time and again that when we build enough people power we can win. But to do that we need people who have the skills and leadership ability to get things done. And that’s what you’ll learn with the Fund.
We have a great training program. Training starts the first day, and it continues throughout your time on staff.
You will have the opportunity to learn how to lead a team, run news conferences, all while developing your public speaking skills, raising money and motivating people to get involved and take action. Skills that will be valuable, no matter what kind of job you want in the future.
And, you’ll make good money.
You can make $4,500-$6,500 this summer while doing something you actually believe in.
This is not your typical summer job, but if you’re looking for a great experience where you can make a real difference, and work with some great people along the way, then apply for a summer job with The Fund.
To apply, please visit www.SummerJobsThatMatter
Information coming soon