The Young Democrats of Georgia
For All of Us
The Young Democrats of Georgia is the state’s official youth arm of the Democratic Party. Members of the organization strive to make a positive difference in the community by working within the political process and upholding the principles of the Democratic Party. The membership base reflects the broad diversity of Georgia and the party, including high school students, college students, young workers, professionals and families.
The Young Democrats of Georgia Black Caucus issued an open letter to Governor Brian Kemp calling out the state government's inaction regarding the impact of COVID-19 on African-American residents in Metro Atlanta and Southwest Georgia, and calling on him and the...
On April 29, 2020, the Young Democrats of Georgia co-wrote and published an open letter to Georgia Governor Brian Kemp expressing our opposition against his partial lifting of the Executive Order 04.02.20.01 in the interests of public health. We hope that as Kemp and...
Join us online April 3rd- April 5th for our virtual Young Democrats of Georgia Convention. Our convention has been moved from March 20-22 at the University of Georgia to an entirely online event April 3rd-5th. We will still have educational breakout sessions, caucus...
Report as of March 12, 2020 Regarding the COVID-19 aka Coronavirus (Available in PDF). Original Plan Our 2020 Convention was originally planned for Friday March 20th- SundayMarch 22nd on the University of Georgia campus in Athens, Georgia. The weekend included a...
The Signal Editorial Board https://georgiastatesignal.com/mayor-bottoms-tear-down-this-statue/ Dear Mayor Bottoms, “I wouldn’t be here without Grady.” That phrase, a slogan for Grady Health System’s award-winning marketing campaign that launched in...
EMMA HURT https://www.wabe.org/as-democratic-debate-visits-georgia-absence-of-georgia-endorsements/ Former Democratic candidate for Georgia governor, Stacey Abrams, speaks before a Democratic presidential primary debate Wednesday in Atlanta.CREDIT JOHN...
We Have the Power to Impact Our Future, and We’re Doing Something About It
ARE YOU READY TO VOTE?
- Register to vote online
- Check your voter registration status
- Check your mail-in application and ballot status
- Find your polling place
- Find your Elected Officials
- What ID must I bring to the polls?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO VOTE BY MAIL?
- A voter who requests an absentee ballot by mail is not required to provide a reason why they are voting absentee.
- Download an absentee ballot application here.
- Complete the form and submit it to your county board of registrar’s office.
- Absentee ballot requests can be made as early as 180 days prior to an election.
NEED TO REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS?
- Download a voter registration application on the Secretary of State’s website here.
- To register to vote in Georgia, you must be a citizen of the United States; a legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you wish to vote; and at least 17 ½ years of age.
- To register, you must fill out and submit a voter registration application to the Secretary of State or your county board of registrar’s office.
- You may also obtain voter registration forms from your county board of registrar’s office.
- Voters can also register through the Department of Driver Services when renewing or applying for driver’s license or ID.
Check Your Voter Registration Status
Register to Vote
Support Young Democrats of Georgia
Elevate the voices of youth across the state of georgia
What I try to tell young people is that if you come together with a mission, and it’s grounded with love and a sense of community, you can make the impossible possible.
Get In Touch
Young Democrats of Georgia
PO Box 501184
Atlanta, GA 31150