The Young Democrats of Georgia
For All of Us
The Young Democrats of Georgia is the state’s official youth arm of the Democratic Party. Members of the organization strive to make a positive difference in the community by working within the political process and upholding the principles of the Democratic Party. The membership base reflects the broad diversity of Georgia and the party, including high school students, college students, young workers, professionals and families.
By Ben Amis The 2020 Democratic National Convention this week is like none other in history. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, delegates join the activities from their homes: everything from the evening speeches to the morning state delegation breakfasts. It is a very...
A Statement on the Passing of Civil Rights Icon John Lewis John Robert Lewis (1940-2020), Chairman of SNCC (1963-1966), Member of Atlanta City Council (1981-1986), Member of the U.S. House of Representatives for the 5th District of Georgia (1987-2020) The Young...
YDG members, As you may know, there is a global pandemic that has been responsible for the deaths of over 138,000 American deaths with millions of Americans sick from the pandemic. In Georgia, COVID-19 is responsible for the deaths of over 3,000 Georgians along with...
Sunday, Young Democrats were elected to serve Georgia in 2 of 5 positions as representatives to the DNC. We are so proud of YDG Black Caucus Chair and Clayton County Young Democrats President Alaina Reaves and Political Strategist Pallavi Purkayastha for their work to...
The Young Democrats of Georgia Black Caucus issued an open letter to Governor Brian Kemp calling out the state government's inaction regarding the impact of COVID-19 on African-American residents in Metro Atlanta and Southwest Georgia, and calling on him and the...
On April 29, 2020, the Young Democrats of Georgia co-wrote and published an open letter to Georgia Governor Brian Kemp expressing our opposition against his partial lifting of the Executive Order 04.02.20.01 in the interests of public health. We hope that as Kemp and...
We Have the Power to Impact Our Future, and We’re Doing Something About It
ARE YOU READY TO VOTE?
- Register to vote online
- Check your voter registration status
- Check your mail-in application and ballot status
- Find your polling place
- Find your Elected Officials
- What ID must I bring to the polls?
WOULD YOU LIKE TO VOTE BY MAIL?
- A voter who requests an absentee ballot by mail is not required to provide a reason why they are voting absentee.
- Download an absentee ballot application here.
- Complete the form and submit it to your county board of registrar’s office.
- Absentee ballot requests can be made as early as 180 days prior to an election.
NEED TO REGISTER TO VOTE OR CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS?
- Download a voter registration application on the Secretary of State’s website here.
- To register to vote in Georgia, you must be a citizen of the United States; a legal resident of Georgia and of the county in which you wish to vote; and at least 17 ½ years of age.
- To register, you must fill out and submit a voter registration application to the Secretary of State or your county board of registrar’s office.
- You may also obtain voter registration forms from your county board of registrar’s office.
- Voters can also register through the Department of Driver Services when renewing or applying for driver’s license or ID.
Check Your Voter Registration Status
Register to Vote
Support Young Democrats of Georgia
Elevate the voices of youth across the state of georgia
What I try to tell young people is that if you come together with a mission, and it’s grounded with love and a sense of community, you can make the impossible possible.
Get In Touch
Young Democrats of Georgia
PO Box 501184
Atlanta, GA 31150