Struggling to put together a last minute event for Pride Month? These ideas might help!
A few things to note first:
* It's a good idea to keep speakers as local as possible. They are more likely to be available to come, and it will be more impactful for anyone in need of resources attending your event.
* Make sure whatever you plan is intersectional!
1. Contact your closest PFLAG chapter to see if anyone from there would like to speak (maybe an organizer or a participant who enjoys public speaking). https://pflag.org/find-a-chapter
2. Contact your local universities/colleges to see if they have LGBTQ organizations that could send a speaker. Not all of them will, but larger ones like Georgia Tech, KSU, UGA, etc. have organizations. https://www.collegesimply.com/colleges/georgia/
3. If you really can't find speakers, show a documentary highlighting Stonewall.
Stonewall Forever - A Documentary about the Past, Present and Future of Pride (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjRv7dJTync
) is less than 22 minutes long.
You can also contact this caucus if you have any questions!